For this reason, the Iren Group has chosen to:
- produce electricity mainly from unconventional sources: hydroelectric, photovoltaic and co-generation plants and waste-to-energy plants
- reduce emissions from district heating through co-generation and waste-to-energy plants
- pursue water and energy conservation also by promoting sustainable consumption practices and behaviours among customers
- ensure rational and sustainable management of the water resource by carrying out interventions to reduce losses in drinking water distribution networks, making investments in sewerage and treatment infrastructure
- adopt integrated waste management systems that allow a high amount of material to be intercepted for recycling and only those materials that are not usefully recyclable to be sent for disposal, with subsequent energy recovery.